Vi siterer fra Roger selv:
Rogers is excited to introduce a Special Edition version of the BBC-licensed LS3/5A, the LS3/5A Classic SE.
Improving on a reference fifty-year-old design while remaining true to the original was no easy undertaking
But, once we heard the significant gains in performance, we could not ignore them.
Extending our research from the Panzaholz LS3/5A loudspeaker stand, the next logical step was to question how the material performed as a loudspeaker baffle? Unsurprisingly, it performed sonically much in the same way as the loudspeaker stand, delivering a more open soundstage and cleaner spectral decay.
Giving greater insight already, we then looked at the crossover, which retains the same component values but now with upgraded resistors used for R1 and R2.
Rogers LS3/5A Classic SE Specifications
· System type: Two way infinite baffle
· Frequency response: 80Hz-20KHz +/-3dB
· Nominal Impedance: 15 Ohms
· Bass/midrange: 110mm Bextrene cone
· Tweeter: 19mm Mylar dome
· Crossover frequency: 3KHz
· Sensitivity: 82.5dB/W/M
· Standard Finish: Amazaque, Walnut, Rosewood and Olive
· Grille: Black Tygan
· Dimensions: 305 x 190 x 165mm (HxWxD)
· Weight: 4.9Kg (each speaker)
· Recommended amplifier range 30-80 Watts