Crescendo X is a luxury wireless speaker featuring Bluetooth®, AirPlay, and whole-home wireless streaming with DTS® Play-Fi® + "Works with Alexa" certification. Under the grill, the Crescendo X includes dual audiophile quality Folded Motion™ tweeters and a 5x7-inch mid/bass woofer for a deep, extended bass response. The Crescendo X is capable of reproducing sound with unflinching accuracy, resolution, and detail—the inspiration behind every MartinLogan design.
At the core of the Crescendo X is an advanced 24-bit 48kHz DSP (digital signal processing) based preamplifier in conjunction with a powerful class-D closed-loop 100-watt (140-watt peak) amplifier. Crescendo X´s amplifier creates powerfully detailed sound from a custom designed front-firing 5x7-inch matte black polypropylene cone woofer with extended throw drive assembly in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Low frequencies are seamlessly blended with two of MartinLogan´s high-performance Folded Motion™ tweeters for an astonishing, room filling experience.
Folded Motion® Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Crescendo X is crafted with a solid MDF enclosure that strengthens and intensifies low-frequency bass performance while minimizing vibrations. To further enhance bass performance, Crescendo X features an optional subwoofer output via an analog RCA connection. This option, not typical of tabletop speaker systems, customizes the crossover between the Crescendo X and subwoofer to give true audiophiles the ability to supplement the low-frequency performance of their system.
Seven input methods allow for connection of virtually any device:
- DTS Play-Fi – via the DTS-Play Fi app, stream audio from capable devices over a Wi-Fi network (iOS, Android, PC or Kindle Fire)
- AirPlay – connect AirPlay capable devices wirelessly (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or a computer with iTunes) to stream audio.
- Bluetooth – connect Bluetooth capable devices wirelessly to stream audio. Bluetooth V4.0 supports SBC, MP3, AAC, and apt-X®.
- Wired Ethernet – audio information can be sent over a LAN to the Crescendo using various protocols (such as AirPlay or DLNA)
- USB – connect compatible Apple devices and use the Crescendo as an audio dock and charger. The USB connection was designed to rapidly charge a variety of devices.
- Analog – any device that has an analog audio output can connect to the auxiliary analog input via a 3.5mm headphone style jack.
- Optical digital – any device that has a digital optical output can connect to the auxiliary digital input with the included mini-Toslink optical adapter (analog and digital connections share the same input).